Whipple is always pursuing the latest & greatest technology and making any innovation they can to produce the most efficient supercharger on the market. The 2.9L supercharger has been the most popular head unit for the Cobras, GT500s and Coyotes. For this reason, Whipple has focused on improving the rotor & housing design of the 2.9L.
Whipple introduced the Gen 3 rotor upgrade for the 2.9L in late 2017 and it boasted a 30-150hp/tq increase at the same boost level compared to its predecessor. It’s been performing like a beast but Whipple knew they could get more out of the 2.9L so earlier this year they introduced the option to upgrade to the Gen 4 rotor & housing. The Gen 4 upgrade is great for those customers wanting a little extra hp boost but without going full Crusher or crazy small pulley setup. The step up from the Gen 3 was not as big as the 2-3 step, but still makes for a nice little gain. Compared to the Gen 3, the Gen 4 2.9L has a 4% flow increase and will make around 1-1.5 more psi at the same pulley size.
- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level
- 10-80*F cooler temps
- New Whipple Crusher SC Housing for increased volumetric efficiency
LETHAL PERFORMANCE IS "WHIPPLES #1 US DISTRIBUTOR"
If your craving more power from your Shelby GT500, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries latest, most efficient twin-screw supercharger. The new Whipple W175HPR can produce incredible power levels with stock 5.4L Shelby GT500 engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W175HPR compressors have the ability to run nearly 25psi of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance. A simple pulley change in minutes will allow you to step up or down for street or race applications allowing customers the ability to dial in their Shelby.
This direct bolt-on replacement system gives you the ability to run far higher boost levels than the factory 122ci roots-type supercharger while dramatically lowering supercharger discharge temperatures and power consumption (hp).
The Whipple Shelby GT500 kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today.
- INSTANT BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE AT ANY RPM
- Fits under stock hood, no notching required.
- Direct bolt on replacement.
- More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Eaton roots-type.
- 2.9 liter vs. factory 2.1 liter for more power potential.
- More power potential than Eaton TVS.
- 175 cubic inch vs. 140 cubic inch Eaton TVS.
- Optional mono-blade throttle body for nearly 1900cfm capability.
- Up to 98% efficiency.
- Boost range 10 - 25 psi.
- Increased built-in-pressure ratio, optimizied for boost levels over 15psi.
- Factory fit and finish.
- Available polished or black satin.