Crusader Series: Track Use Only
DL: Drag, Lower Horsepower and/or Big Tire
DH: Drag, Higher Horsepower and/or Small Tire
PT: Competition Pro Touring,Time Attack - Autocross / Road Race
Crusader Series Shocks
The patented Viking Crusader shock absorbers and struts were developed based on requests from the pro-touring community, along with the
small tire and high horsepower drag race customers. With these vehicles, there are situations that require rebound forces in excess of what
standard passive adjustable shock absorbers and struts can provide. The other factor in our design parameters was the frustration that adjustable
shocks and struts, in general, are too complex for the average person to be able to revalve.
From these requests, the Crusader was born. These shock absorbers and struts have various valving options dependent on the vehicle use and
vehicle specifications. The Crusader is available is either a double adjustable shock, with independent compression and rebound tuning or a triple
adjustable where the compression adjustment is separated into low-speed and high-speed adjustments. The rebound valving has a progressive
curve that is strictly determined via orifice control. A progressive valve will have a softer low speed force that ramps up very quickly as shaft speed
increases. However, do not let this description deceive, as these shocks and struts can generate huge forces at low speeds, depending on the
needle and seat combination selected. In fact, this line of shock absorbers and struts produces forces far greater than nearly all others on the
market. Depending on the needle and seat combination selected, the adjustment range can cover a very large range or a more narrow range with
very small defined increments.
Crusader Double Adjustable Compression Valving:
The Crusader triple adjustable shocks have a rebound adjustment that has a progressive curve, as shown in the valving options on the prior
page. For compression, there is a low and high speed adjustment. There are two standard CrusaderTM triple adjustable compression valving
options: "H" valving, which is used in handling applications; and "R" valving, which is used in drag racing applications. As shown in the graphs, the
separation of the low and high-speed adjustments allow for a much firmer maximum force.
REAR COIL-OVER KIT: Viking bolt-in rear coil-over kits are available for many applications and allow the user to adjust the rear ride height while improving ride quality and performance. These kits include rear coilover conversion brackets (when required), two double or triple adjustable coil-over shocks, two high travel springs and all mounting hardware.
Triple Adjustable: Rebound tuning is the same as the double adjustable. The compression is split into two adjustments - low speed and high speed. This allows for much larger high speed forces without impacting low speed feel or vice versa. The potential force range at lower speeds becomes an area instead of fixed lines. This shock is a single unit... no canister required.
NOTE: If your budget allows, the triple adjustable is the best choice for all situations.
PT (Pro Touring / Time Attack):Opt for this Crusader race only valving for track-focused autocross or road course vehicles.
DH (Drag High Horsepower): Choose this Crusader race only valving for drag racing applications that make more than 600HP
or are running a small tire/drag radial
DL (Drag Low Horsepower): Select this Crusader race only valving for drag racing applications making less than 600HP that
run a big tire.
Viking Performance Shock and Strut Features:
* Lightweight aluminum twin-tube design with a sleek clear anodized finish.
* Adjustment knobs: Labeled with a “C” for compression and an “R” for rebound with distinctive clicks. The triple adjustable also has a 1/8" hex
for high-speed compression adjustment.
* Each click on the adjustment works and makes a change. There are no dead clicks. That is why all Viking tuning recommendations are from full
soft. Other shock brands often recommend tuning from full tight, as often the first 10+ clicks provide no changes to the valving.
* By not offering non-adjustable or single adjustable, Viking is able to maximize stroke for each body length, ensuring you get the most travel
out of your shock or strut.
* Aluminum, precision machined piston with a deflective disc and a P.T.F.E. / bronze piston seal.
* Hard chrome plated, centerless ground piston rod (shocks utilize a 5/8" rod; struts utilize a 7/8" rod).
* Three-step sealing system.
* All shocks and struts can be rebuilt or revalved by the Viking factory or any authorized rebuilder. CrusaderTM rebound valving range may be
easily revalved by the user.
* In coil-over shocks, Viking provides bearing mounts as standard, not the less expensive poly mounts. Bearings perform better in supporting the
weight of the vehicle and provide for misalignment when needed, thereby relieving unnecessary stress on the piston rod and seals. They are also
very durable and don't break down like poly mounts do over time.
* In bearing mount shocks, Viking uses stainless steel bearing races, not inexpensive nylon race bearings like some competing brands.
* Left hand threads between the base and the body ensures that the shock/strut doesn’t come apart when adjusting the ride height, as can occur
with certain other brands.
* Viking's double adjustable shocks and struts are priced close to the single adjustable price of most other manufacturers. Viking triple adjustable
shocks and struts are priced close to the double adjustable price of most other manufacturers. Viking focuses on independently adjustable
compression and rebound shocks and struts only, which means a lower price for you!
* Two year materials and workmanship warranty.
* Each shock and strut is hand built, tested, and serialized in our Lakeville, Minnesota factory.