Vi-King Performance VRF692RM Crusader DH (Drag High HP) Triple Adjustable 0-1.5" Drop Rear Coil-Over (2016+ Camaro)
Lethal Performance is proud to offer the entire line of Vi-King Performance products!
NOTE: default spring rate is pre-loaded for coil-over systems, but other spring rates may be paired at your discretion
Standard Spring Rate: 300 lbs.
Optional Spring Rates: 250, 350, 400, 450, 550, 650, 750 lbs.
DH (Drag High HP) - Drag racing with higher horsepower and/or small tire
Crusader - Valved specifically for serious competition use only (drag, pro-touring/time attack)
The patented Viking CrusaderTM shock absorbers and struts were developed based on requests from the pro-touring community, along with the
small tire and high horsepower drag race customers. With these vehicles, there are situations that require rebound forces in excess of what
standard passive adjustable shock absorbers and struts can provide. The other factor in our design parameters was the frustration that adjustable
shocks and struts, in general, are too complex for the average person to be able to revalve.
From these requests, the CrusaderTM was born. These shock absorbers and struts have various valving options dependent on the vehicle use and
vehicle specifications. The CrusaderTM is available is either a double adjustable shock, with independent compression and rebound tuning or a triple
adjustable where the compression adjustment is separated into low-speed and high-speed adjustments. The rebound valving has a progressive
curve that is strictly determined via orifice control. A progressive valve will have a softer low speed force that ramps up very quickly as shaft speed
increases. However, do not let this description deceive, as these shocks and struts can generate huge forces at low speeds, depending on the
needle and seat combination selected. In fact, this line of shock absorbers and struts produces forces far greater than nearly all others on the
market. Depending on the needle and seat combination selected, the adjustment range can cover a very large range or a more narrow range with
very small defined increments.
These patented shock absorbers and struts feature an interchangeable needle and seat design. The rebound
valving adjustment range can be changed without completely disassembling the shock absorber. With the
shock or strut in a vice on its side in the fully extended position, the rebound knob can be taken off, and the
needle and seat combination can be changed out. This can be accomplished with basic hand tools. There are
no expensive “special tools” required to be purchased from Viking. The process is similar to jetting a carburetor.
Obviously, it is critical that everything be kept extremely clean, as there are very small orifices that must be kept
free of debris.
Please note that Crusader shocks are intended for "Competition Only" applications and are NOT intended for street use. When vehicles are off-
track or being trailered, they must be set at Viking's specified off-track settings.
Viking Performance Shocks Feature:
* Lightweight aluminum twin-tube design with a sleek clear anodized finish.
* Adjustment knobs: Labeled with a “C” for compression and an “R” for rebound with distinctive clicks. The triple adjustable also has a 1/8" hex
for high-speed compression adjustment.
* Each click on the adjustment works and makes a change. There are no dead clicks. That is why all Viking tuning recommendations are from full
soft. Other shock brands often recommend tuning from full tight, as often the first 10+ clicks provide no changes to the valving.
* By not offering non-adjustable or single adjustable, Viking is able to maximize stroke for each body length, ensuring you get the most travel
out of your shock or strut.
* Aluminum, precision machined piston with a deflective disc and a P.T.F.E. / bronze piston seal.
* Hard chrome plated, centerless ground piston rod (shocks utilize a 5/8" rod; struts utilize a 7/8" rod).
* Three-step sealing system.
* All shocks and struts can be rebuilt or revalved by the Viking factory or any authorized rebuilder. CrusaderTM rebound valving range may be
easily revalved by the user.
* In coil-over shocks, Viking provides bearing mounts as standard, not the less expensive poly mounts. Bearings perform better in supporting the
weight of the vehicle and provide for misalignment when needed, thereby relieving unneccesary stress on the piston rod and seals. They are also
very durable and don't break down like poly mounts do over time.
* In bearing mount shocks, Viking uses stainless steel bearing races, not inexpensive nylon race bearings like some competing brands.
* Left hand threads between the base and the body ensures that the shock/strut doesn’t come apart when adjusting the ride height, as can occur
with certain other brands.
* Viking's double adjustable shocks and struts are priced close to the single adjustable price of most other manufacturers. Viking triple adjustable
shocks and struts are priced close to the double adjustable price of most other manufacturers. Viking focuses on independently adjustable
compression and rebound shocks and struts only, which means a lower price for you!
* Two year materials and workmanship warranty.
* Each shock and strut is hand built, tested, and serialized in our Lakeville, Minnesota factory.
Viking WarriorTM and CrusaderTM shocks and struts are available in either double adjustable or triple adjustable, while Viking VoyagerTM shocks and
struts are available in double adjustable only. Viking does not make non-adjustable or single adjustable. A non-adjustable shock has fixed valving.
There is no way for you to change the valving characteristics without opening up the shock, many of which are not rebuildable anyway. A single
adjustable often changes only one side of the equation, which is most often rebound in our market, with the compression being fixed. Or, worse yet,
there are single adjustable shocks that simultaneously change both compression and rebound with the turn of a knob, which makes for a snappy
marketing tagline but not-so-good results, as that is generally not desired.
The only way to truly maximize performance or comfort is through the ability to tune compression and rebound completely independent of one
another. There are also positive side benefits of eliminating the non and single adjustable options, such as maximizing stroke length, not to mention
the huge benefit of maximizing economies of scale to bring down the production cost allowing us to pass the savings to you through significantly
Viking double adjustable shocks allow you to independently adjust the softness or firmness of compression and rebound.
So, what does the Viking triple adjustable do? The Viking triple adjustable breaks out the compression adjustment into two adjustments - low speed
and high speed. The rebound adjustment is exactly the same as the on the double adjustable shock.