You have no items in your shopping cart.
Quite simply the finest 6-point Mustang bar on the market!
Borrowing from our exceedingly popular S197 6-point roll bar, we brought the same design principals into the new S550 2015 roll bar.
What makes Watson Racing 6-Point different?
• Quick-In and Quick-Out design. Perfect for those of you who are part-time racers and don’t want a full-time roll bar. Uniquely-engineered bolt-in mounting system stays hidden and mounted in the car. Unbolt the Watson Roll Bar from INSIDE your car for quick removal and re-installation. No door bar “stubs” sticking up through the floor!
• BOLTS-IN to the FACTORY corner gussets. Other 4-point bars either bolt to the weak sheet metal floor behind the front seats (dangerous!), or ask you to drill into the high-strength steel… which is nearly impossible, because high strength steel is MUCH harder than “normal” steel! The Watson Racing 4-Point bar bolts in using EXISTING BOLT HOLES surrounding the factory high-strength steel corner gussets for maximum safety and ease of installation.
• Extra strength- not only do we bolt to the front corner gussets, but the rear diagonal bars bolt through the floor directly above a factory crossmember- one of the strongest areas at the back of the car!
• Minimal trim panel modification. With our 4-Point Bar’s quick-in, quick-out design, you don’t have to cut your trim panels AT ALL if you don’t want to. If you’d rather keep the trim panels and Roll Bar permanently mounted in the car, the modifications required to the trim panels are VERY minimal. No cutting your time panels in half with our bar!
• Minimal-bend design. Bends in tubes reduce a bar’s effectiveness and safety. We kept the number of bends to a minimum in order to maximize safety. Where bends are required, we use a CNC precision mandrel bending process to maintain strength.
• We sweat the details: 100% TIG-welded 1.75”x.120”-wall DOM tubing. 100% powder coated. Shoulder harness retention loops, standard. Welded/fixed harness bar and diagonal bar, standard. Precision-machined tube joints for high strength on rear support tubes & door bars- no through-bolting here, and notice the plug-welds! Zinc-plated heavy M10 metric fasteners included.
• Full seat travel. Since the Watson Roll Bar mounts on top of the factory corner gussets (next to rear seat bottom cushion), the front seats are free to slide all the way back and maintain a comfortable driving position.Learn More