The two primary functions of sway bars are to control body roll and to determine the understeer or oversteer behavior of a vehicle. Stock sway bars have low torsional spring rates because they are manufactured from small diameter bar stock or tubing. BMR Suspension’s SB017 rear sway bar was designed by factoring in the vehicle weight, application, motion ratio, coil spring rate, and adjustability requirements. Manufactured from heavy-wall 25mm DOM tubing, the SB017 is cold formed to better resist torsional fatigue and retain its "memory" far longer than the hot-formed bars used by many competitors. The sway bar is CNC-formed for exact manufacturing tolerances and repeatable high quality. Thrust washers are welded to the bar to locate the sway bar bushing mounts. This is critical as it properly locates the sway bar and prevents lateral movement during hard cornering maneuvers. The SB017 attaches to your Camaro with 88-durometer polyurethane bushings, reducing the deflection from the stock rubber bushings. These bushings are molded from 88-durometer, low-deflection, polyurethane, and are internally fluted to keeps grease in the bushing. The fabricated laser cut, TIG-welded steel sway bar end links are reinforced to minimize deflection. The sway bar is 3-way adjustable to tune the amount of torsional spring rate and to determine the handling characteristics (understeer/oversteer) of the vehicle.
BMR Suspension designed the SB017 sway bar for street performance, drag race, autocross, and road race applications. The large adjustable sway bar has three positions, giving you the versatility to drive to and from the track and still out handle the competition with the same sway bar. The SB017 gives you a 99%-301% increase in rate over the stock bar (depending on year and model). These rate increases and adjustability allow you to fine-tune the handling characteristics of the suspension so you can drive harder through corners with minimal body roll. The hollow design allows for loads of strength without adding a lot of weight. This allows for more sway bar control, which equals better handling. When performance is a must, rely on BMR Suspension!
BMR Suspension’s SB017 sway bars are available in black hammertone and red powdercoat for long-lasting good looks. Installation time is about 1-2 hours. Proudly made in the U.S.A.!
FITMENT NOTE: SB017 IS DESIGNED AS A DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR ALL FE3 STYLE REAR SUSPENSION SYSTEMS, WHERE REAR SWAY BAR END LINKS ARE LOCATED INBOARD OF REAR SHOCKS. THIS INCLUDES 2010-2012 SS AND 2010-2015 V6 OR CONVERTIBLE MODELS.
- Fits all FE3 suspension-equipped Fifth Gen Camaros (2010-2012 SS, 2010-2015 V6/convertible)
- Designed for street performance, drag race, autocross, and road race applications
- Dramatically reduces body roll
- 99%-301% increase is sway bar rate over stock sway bar (depending on year and model)
- Cold formed to better resist torsional fatigue
- Manufactured from 25mm heavy-wall DOM tubing for increased strength
- Three-way adjustable for street and track use
- Adjustability allows for fine-tuning of suspension
- 88-durometer, greasable polyurethane bushings
- Zinc-plated inner sleeves
- Durable powdercoat finish
- 1-2-hour installation time
- Proudly designed in the U.S.A.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.