Mcleod Shelby GT500 RXT Street...
Mcleod 2010 GT500 RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch Kit (Street) Includes: Mcleod RXT Clutch Mcleod Lightened Steel Flywheel NOTE: The 2010 GT50...//Shop Now
PA Performance 07-08 GT500 6G 200 AMP Alternator
NOTE: Will not work on a 2009 model year
200 AMP 6G Family Alternator
This is a very popular replacement where highly increased capacity is needed. This unit will increase the charging capacity at all RPM Ranges with NO modifications.
· This unit is a direct replacement with NO modifications
· 100+ amps at idle (2000 alternator shaft rpm)
· 200+ amps maximum (6000 alternator shaft rpm)
· The stock belt can be used on original equipment vehicles
· Actual Alternator Weight is 16.2 lbs
· All units are 100% NEW and come complete with internal voltage regulator and pulley
** We require that you upgrade the main power wire due to higher output than stock on vehicles where this is an upgrade**
To calculate the alternator shaft speed, which should be no more than 16,000 RPM do the following:
Alternator pulley size (ie 2.5")
Crankshaft Pulley Size (ie 5")
Ratio is 2:1 (5 / 2.5 = 2)
Max engine Speed = 5800 RPM
Multiply Max RPM x Ratio (5800 x 2) = 11,600 shaft RPM Max
Idle RPM = 1000
Multiply Idle RPM x Ratio (1000 x 2) = 2000 shaft RPM @ Idle
An alternator needs 1800-2000 at idle to make power and will make maximum output at 6000 rpm, and will start to fail at 16,000 RPM.