Front Swaybar End Link Kit, 1994-04 Mustang - Stock Ride Height
- Replace the original weak front swaybar end links, which are prone to bending and breaking, with these end links made with 3/8” diameter, grade 8 bolts. Each end link set includes new washers and urethane bushings-everything needed to connect the front swaybar to the control arm.
- The loads between the control arm and the swaybar pass through the end link, pushing and pulling on it. To reduce bending loads on the end link, the loads must be acting along the length of the end link. The further away from vertical the end link is, the greater the bending loads on it. When lowering a car, the swaybar rotates, pointing the ends of the swaybar arms upwards, and tilting the end links away from vertical. Moderate lowering does not tilt the end link enough to cause a significant problem, but dramatic lowering does. Installing a shorter end link rotates the swaybar so that the swaybar arms no longer point upwards.
- Shorter end links should also be used with the MM K-member because the raised control arm pivots of the MM K-member reduce the distance between the swaybar and the control arm. A stock length end link will rotate the swaybar and point the ends of the swaybar arms upwards, increasing the bending load on the end link.
- SVT Cobra 1999,2000,2001,2003,2004
- Mustang GT 1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004